Why we must stay hydrated!
Updated: Apr 14
My favourite subject. WATER!
Did you know… Two thirds of our body is made up of water, which is there for the mot important nutrient. Water is the basis of life and includes our body and everything within it. Our muscles are 75% water, the blood which transports nutrients around is 82% water, our lungs which provide oxygen is 90% water and your brain- the control centre of the body- is 76% water.
We loose around 1.5 litres of water on average a day through sweat and urine to help toxic substances remove from the body and we loose much water when we burn energy, this is why we always recommend drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water a day.
So what happens when our body becomes dehydrated?
· Low energy
· Low immune system (prone to sickness and diseases)
· Hold toxins in the body
· Lack of concentration and alertness
· Feeling tired and fatigued
· Increases anxiety symptoms
· You heart has to work harder
· Reduced serotonin levels (Happy hormone)
· May feel constipated and bloated
· Dry skin
· Signs of skin ageing will begin to appear
· Harder to loose weight
It is amazing how many clients I see on a day to day basis who have many concerns with there skin, body, health issues physically and psychologically and they are not simply drinking enough water to allow their body and mind to function properly.
Try and make a goal to drink 2 litres of water a day and watch the benefits!
· Increase mood
· Increase alertness and concentration
· Helps to sleep
· Detoxes the mind and body
· Increase blood flow means increase in oxygen and nutrition around the body
· Healthy skin
· More energy
· Less digestive problems
· Stimulates immune system
· Stimulates metabolism
· Increases serotonin (happy hormone) which also reduces symptoms of stress and anxiety
· Improves performance
· Often we think we are hungry when we are thirsty, drinking water will curb food cravings
ALWAYS drink a pint of water as soon as you wake up and a pint before bed.